2 aubergines halved
about ½ to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
x2 heaped tablespoons brown rice miso
1 ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tablsepoon cider vinegar
x2 tablespoons coconut nectar/ maple syrup/ or honey
1-2 spring onions chopped
handful of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
a good handful of Japanese Tamari Superseeds
– Set oven to 200.
– First halve each of your aubergines lengthways before lightly scoring them with a knife in a criss-cross pattern. You want to go about half a cm deep.
– Using your hands roughly rub them in coconut oil making to cover both the skins and the flesh. This helps them to crisp without burning.
– Place the aubergines in oven for 20-3o mins until soft and browned.
– Next make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth making sure there are no lumps.
– Remove the aubergines from the oven and reduce the temperature to 170.
– Using a spoon spread the glaze onto each of the aubergine halves covering all of the flesh.
– Return aubergines to the oven and cook for a further (10 mins until slightly caramelized (optional putting on grill setting for last three mins)
– Once your aubergines are done remove them from the oven and top with sesame seeds, chopped scallions (spring onions) and Japanese tamari superseeds.