Discover Great Veg have recently teamed up with nutritionist Pixie Turner to create a series of recipes that celebrate all that veggies have to offer! This Cavolo Nero Salad is full of flavour and lasts extremely well in the fridge so you can dip into it throughout the week as a light and nutritious lunch or as a side to your evening meal.
INGREDIENTS – Serves 2
200g sweet potato, chopped into 1cm cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
100g cavolo nero, sliced
1-2 ripe pears
40g walnut pieces
50g blue cheese (e.g. Stilton)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp clear honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/gas mark 4.
2. Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for around 15 minutes, until soft.
3. Meanwhile whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
4. Bring a small pan of water to a boil. Blanch the cavolo nero for 5 minutes or until tender
5. Quarter, core and thinly slice the pears.
6. Mix the cavolo nero, watercress and pear slices in a bowl and stir in most of the dressing.
7. Dry toast the walnut pieces for 2 minutes.
8. Add the walnuts and sweet potato to the bowl. Crumble the blue cheese on top and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Serve!
Recipe courtesy of Discover Great Veg