Whether you’re a HIIT expert looking for a change of pace, returning to the mat after a brief hiatus or completely new to exercise, the prospect of getting your OM on on a regular basis can be daunting, however it needn’t be this way! Below, this week’s guest editor Tara Stiles divulges her top 5 tips for yoga newbies.
- Soften before you move. You can’t get anywhere from tense. Allow your body to soften before you move and move easily where you are going.
- Don’t be a poser. Keep the experience of your yoga happening internally. Don’t worry about the poses, stay in the process of natural movement and you’ll be able to do more with less effort and enjoy.
- Keep it regular. Even if you can only make 5 or 10 minutes, practice daily.
- Breathe fully. The fuller and deeper you breathe, the easier your body can move. Let your breath fuel your body and go along for the ride.
- Groove on. Try listening to some music to get you grooving. I have my playlists on spotify. Check out stralayoga to follow.
Make Your Own Rules Cookbook by Tara Stiles (Hay House UK, £18.99) is out now. Get yours on Amazon here.