A combination of traditional reflexology methods and ancient healing techniques, The Bergman Method is a non-invasive facial treatment that is fast establishing itself as an all-natural alternative to botox with additional internal benefits to boot. This week, our Digital Content Editor Zsa Zsa Vella tried and tested the treatment at Grace Belgravia in London. Read on for the lowdown…
What It Is
‘The Bergman Method’ of Facial Reflexology uses pressure point massage along with Native American techniques, Asian body mapping and healing herbs to heal the body from the inside out. Renowned for removing as much as 10 years of ageing over the 12-week programme, The Bergman Method is a deeply relaxing, anti-ageing treatment that eliminates the need for Botox and offers a natural alternative to dermal fillers.
Founded by Ziggie Bergman, an ex TV director who has worked with the likes of Elle Macpherson, Kate Moss and Keira Knightly, until a chance encounter with Reflexology changed the course of her life. Two minutes of reflexology solved what a doctor had struggled to treat and she immediately brought the treatment into her green room to calm nervous presenters and guests.
Leaving television, she trained in Reflexology and moved to Santa Fe where she spent time with the local Native American community, learning many of their traditional healing methods and facial points to promote healing and lift the spirit. In her treatments today, Ziggie uses these techniques to offer the profound healing experience she is renowned for.
- Naturally stimulates collagen and elastin from the inside, tightens, plumps, sculpts the neck line, smooths and lifts the face, leaving a glowing complexion after just one treatment.
- Calming and uplifting, with all the health benefits of foot Reflexology
- A non-invasive treatment based on the principle that Reflex points on your face are connected to every area of your body, and that stimulating the Reflexes helps to balance the corresponding body parts.
- Helps to reduce stress as well as migraines, sinus problems, insomnia, IBS, joint pain and depression
- Can be beneficial to those undergoing fertility treatment or wishing to conceive.
After postponing my initial treatment due to a flare up of eczema on my face that mostly always occurs with the change of seasons, I entered Ziggie’s treatment room at Grace Belgravia somewhat nervous of how my skin would react to the treatment. Ziggie assured me that she had used Facial Reflexology to treat many clients in successfully reducing their incidence of eczema so I immediately knew I was in good hands. I’d never experienced reflexology of any kind before so wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. Needless to say, my hour with Ziggie was spent in a deep state of relaxation that left me feeling reinvigorated, centered and balanced for days after. Using just a few simple natural oils, when I left the session my eczema was soothed, my mood uplifted and my body calm. I highly recommend a visit to Ziggie’s clinic at Grace Belgravia for anyone prone to stress and imbalances in the body or to those who are simply looking for a natural form of anti-ageing intervention.