Always wake up looking forward to breakfast? Here’s a new recipe you can add to your repertoire that will fill your belly, fuel your energy and make your kitchen smell delicious! We’re sharing this California Walnut and Banana Breakfast Traybake… you’re welcome!
INGREDIENTS – Serves 9
175g California walnuts
75g dairy-free butter (melted)
350g oat flour (blended oats into oat flour)
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons of water left for 10 minutes)
170ml dairy-free milk
2 tablespoons of cacao nibs (optional)
Dairy-free yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Begin by mashing the bananas and combining them with the melted butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, flax egg, dairy-free milk and peanut butter.
5. Next finely chop or blend 100g of the walnuts into fine crumbs. Add to a separate bowl along with the oats, oat flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and cacao nibs. Combine.
8. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and thoroughly combine before emptying into the baking tray and flattening down.
10. Chop the remaining 75g of walnuts and sprinkle on top. Push them down gently into the mixture.
12. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes before allowing to cool slightly and cutting into portions. Serve with some yoghurt and enjoy!
Recipe created by Luce Hosier for California Walnuts
READ MORE: Immunity-Boosting Vitamin C Smoothie