recipe by Saskia Gregson-Williams
This dessert combines two of my favourite things; coconut cream and raw chocolate. The base is made from a combination of pecans, raw cacao powder and medjool dates, which tastes like a raw brownie (#yum)! It’s full of plant protein and fibre which helps to keep your blood sugar levels steady, keeping you fuller for longer. The middle is a coconut cream, which is like clotted cream, but much lighter – and far healthier!
This raw dessert takes no time to make and always goes down a treat.
1 cup pecans
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 cup medjool dates
Coconut cream middle:
1 can coconut milk (frozen two hours before making)
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
Toppings to choose from:
* Make sure you have frozen the coconut milk before making.
1) Make the base by adding the pecans and cacao powder to the food processor, process until a fine flour forms, then add the medjool dates and blend again until a sticky dough forms. Press the mixture into four mini tart tins and place to set in the fridge.
2) Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scoop it into a blender, discard the watery residue, don’t blend it.
3) Add the maple syrup into the blender and blend until smooth.
4) Pour the mixture evenly in the different tarts and top with your favourite toppings (I love banana slices & and place in the fridge for a couple hours to set, or if you’re truly impatient enjoy right away!).