Fancy a new twist on oats for breaky? Influencers, Vegan Punks have created some delightful recipes for California Walnuts and we’re sharing their Spiced Walnuts & Pear Baked Oats recipe below!
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4
2 cups non-dairy milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
1.3 cups oats
0.66 cups California walnuts – roughly chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
2 ripe pears – thinly sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°c / gas mark 5.
2. Mash the banana and mix well with the milk and maple
3. Add the oats, walnuts and spices to a non-stick baking pan that’s at least 1” deep – mix
everything well and try to keep the walnuts fairly evenly laid out.
4. Pour over the plant milk and banana mix, and again, stir well so that it’s combined.
5. Lay the pear slices over the top of the mix in two lines. Optional: sprinkle a little coconut sugar and extra cinnamon over the pears.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
7. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
8. Serve with coconut yoghurt and extra toasted walnuts.
recipe by Vegan Punks for California Walnuts