How cute are these raw and vegan treats by Nakd? Easy to make and the perfect healthy treat to serve at your Wimbledon final party – celebrate the Hip & Healthy way with these tennis-ball inspired truffles featuring a Nakd Cocoa Delight centre and a pistachio coating.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 4 Nakd Cocoa Delight bars
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 100g raw pistachios, unshelled
- A pinch of ground turmeric
Hip & Healthy icing
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2-4 tablespoons water, as needed for blending
- Cut the Nakd bars into halves and roll each half into a ball. Rinse your hands with cold water before you begin to make it easier. Leave the balls in the fridge whilst you prepare the coating.
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, grind the pistachios and turmeric together until you get a fine green-yellow powder. You may need to add more turmeric to achieve the classic Tennis ball colour but don’t worry – you won’t be able to taste the turmeric!
- Add the agave to a small bowl and dip the Nakd bar balls into the agave to cover before dipping into the pistachio powder, rolling it around to fully coat.
- Place on a plate in the fridge to fully set.
- Now it’s time to make the icing! Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water as necessary to facilitate blending.
- Set icing in the fridge for about an hour before transferring to an icing bag.
- Bring your tennis truffles to life by creating the tennis ball lines as shown in the image.
These truffles keep for 3 days in the fridge.
SUPER SKIN-FOOD SNACKS