If you’re yet to order yourself a recipe box bursting with plant-based goodness from the guys at Mindful Chef, now’s the time. Offering up an array of recipe boxes, each featuring a healthy assortment of fresh and seasonal ingredients pre-measured and prepared alongside handy recipe cards which guarantee your meal from box to table in just 25 minutes – it’s safe to say, we are obsessed. To tantalise your tastebuds and get you as excited about Mindful Chef as we are, for the next few weeks we’ll be bringing you a few of our favourite recipes from their Plant Based boxes. First up – a moorish Malaysian Tofu & Carrot Noodle Laksa With Flaked Almonds…
- 150g firm tofu (soya)
- 1⁄2 fresh lemongrass stalk 1 garlic clove
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 50g tenderstem broccoli 140g carrot
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 1⁄4 tsp tamarind paste
- 1⁄2 red chilli
- 5g flaked almonds (nuts)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper Coconut oil / olive oil
P: 17g / C: 30g / F: 30g
Recipe for one person, double ingredients for two
1) Trim the ends of the lemongrass and finely chop. Peel
and finely chop the ginger and garlic and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim the ends of the tenderstem and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2) Peel the carrot and trim the root end. Prepare the carrot noodles using your julienne peeler and slice the carrot into long thin strips (or use a spiralizer if you have one). Drain and rinse the tofu in cold water, and cut into 2cm cubes.
3) In a dry frying pan, toast the flaked almonds for 2-3 mins until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
4) In the same frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the tofu for 10 mins, season with sea salt and black pepper.
5) Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 100ml boiling water.
6) Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil. Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 mins, then add the tenderstem and fry for a further 3 mins. Then add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, tamarind paste and carrot noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Then stir the tofu into the laksa soup.
7) Spoon the laksa soup into a warm bowl and scatter over the toasted flaked almonds and the sliced red chilli.
We recommend washing all our organic fruit and vegetables before use.
To order a Mindful Chef box or find out more click here.