Horoscope by Sally Kirkman
Aries (21 March-19 April)
1. Your love life dips high and low with moments of calm amidst the passion as you and your partner repeatedly ‘kiss and make up’. Choose wisely when a new contender who’s good-looking and wealthy catches your eye in the summer.
2. Keep on track with your financial goals whether you’re dealing with debt or trying to save. Financial challenges feel relentless but all your hard work pays off in the autumn. A property move in the spring boosts cash flow.
3. A role as a counsellor, team leader or volunteer is challenging but brings out the best in you. Don’t miss out on a chance to appear on stage when the big finger of fate picks you out of the crowd.
Taurus (20 April-20 May)
1. Forget the New Year resolutions, bide your time in January and plan a brand new relaunch for May. A big family get-together to celebrate a wedding or anniversary is a highlight in the summer.
2. You’re a softie at heart and even though settling down with someone isn’t a breeze, you know that hanging in for the long-term with the right person brings reward. A dead-end relationship is on the way out in October.
3. Health and fitness dominate the first seven months and a new training regime improves strength and flexibility. Exercise is an excellent stress-buster but learning to let go of resentment and express your anger effectively ensures you’re in peak condition.
Gemini (21 May-20 June)
1. Hold tight to the big dream however unreal it seems. It all depends on your willingness to gamble in the first half of the year. The stakes are high but a ‘beach bum’ lifestyle (or your personal equivalent) is drawing closer whether you win the jackpot or not.
2. A new group of friends who share your passion add the buzz and stimulation to life that you crave. What begins as an online friendship develops into a real-life community that’s built on shared ideals and like minds.
3. Falling in love with a bad boy (or girl) kicks off your year in style as you embrace a wild ride together until the summer. The love you share won’t translate into a cosy relationship but that’s not to say you can’t enjoy yourself.
Cancer (21 June-22 July)
1. Following your dreams means having to walk your own path in life whatever other people think of you. A tough decision is asked of you over Easter when it becomes clear that you can’t do what you choose and keep everyone else happy.
2. You discover your inner entrepreneur in the summer and an online shop or invention has the potential to make you rich. Breaking free of convention or restrictions in your working life is liberating as you seek to do things differently.
3. What presents itself as a problem in a relationship ends up being the glue that binds you. This may be an unexpected pregnancy or a new role as a step-parent. Ditch any relationship that’s turned into a power game and choose the love that’s real.
Leo (23 July-22 August)
1. In the spring a new job or position of responsibility changes everything as you sense that this role in your life was destined to be. Happiness is there for the taking in the summer and a positive attitude opens up your life to new opportunity.
2. Getting things right at home or within the family takes time and commitment. Whether you’re caring for an elderly parent or sorting out issues with a property, do your best but don’t make it your sole responsibility.
3. A long-distance relationship or an on-off love affair keeps you guessing. Your big personality shines bright enough for both of you but you need to feel cared for too. Whoever shows their love on Valentines Day is here to stay.
Virgo (23 August-22 September)
1. A dispute over money intensifies as 2014 begins. It’s important to be aware of what you’re getting into if you’re determined to fight for your rights as the battle rages until late July. Saving a community project turns you into a local hero.
2. Discover your spiritual side in the summer on a retreat. Learn yoga or meditation and you transform your life as you reach an inner calm. The mind-body-spirit connection is a revelation and you decide to develop one aspect of it in to a full-time vocation.
3. Romance is a perfect counterpoint to the reality of everyday life. Open your heart wide and it leads to a marriage or proposal. Being a parent, guardian or teacher is one of your most challenging roles in life but do it well to discover hidden riches.
Libra (23 September-23 October)
1. This is one of your biggest years yet and it demands a full-on attack as soon as the New Year gets underway. A training challenge or an ambitious personal goal takes over your life until the summer. Set your sights on the finishing line and be determined to win.
2. Throw out the rule book when it comes to love and work out your relationship between the two of you. A desire for more freedom or independence leads you in and out of love but get the balance right and love can survive.
3. A big life event linked to your family or your past arouses strong emotions, including sadness or loss. The people you connect with at the deepest level in your life will be by your side for years to come. Best friends for ever.
Scorpio (24 October-21 November)
1. Whatever life situation feels relentless rolls steadily on in 2014 but you get a break from the intensity in the spring. Take time out preferably abroad to gain fresh perspective. A burden or debt has disappeared completely by Christmas.
2. A freelance job or period of self-employment offers you the freedom you crave and a choice of unusual career raises eyebrows. Your pleasure quota rockets in the summer when you win a competition or start leading the life you want for yourself.
3. Love raises more questions than it answers when you see a relationship as an all-or-nothing scenario. Together there are things you lack or miss out on and yet being on your own feels lonely. Events in April and October point your way forward.
Sagittarius (22 November-21 December)
1. Your money luck doubles when you team up with other people who know their stuff in the first half of the year. Think joint ventures, investments and sharing networks or connections. You keep a friendship sweet when you leave money out of the equation.
2. Get ready for a summer of fun as you embrace the festival scene or head off on holiday to a party destination. Your love of life is infectious and before long you’re part of a new group of people who want to follow your lead and learn from you.
3. Face any fears head on and deal with an issue that’s holding you back. Make a firm commitment to yourself to be rid of the problem by Christmas. Once you identify who or what you need to eliminate from your life, things get a whole lot easier.
Capricorn (22 December-19 January)
1. There’s nothing you won’t do for love as you’re ready to prove as soon as 2014 gets underway. This includes moving home or leaving your current job to be with that special person who only comes along once in a blue moon.
2. The ambitious side of your personality kicks in early in the year and you’re ready to make your mark in your chosen career. You’re willing to take risks where money’s concerned from July onwards and a decision to play big attracts success.
3. You’re developing a new awareness that change is an inherent part of life and there are things you can’t control. This belief is ultimately freeing and you start living life with less concern for the future. A house swap is part of your new plan.
Aquarius (20 January-18 February)
1. The road you’re on with work and employment continues throughout the year. That’s not to say you can’t make the best of your situation and a volunteering role or part-time job helps convince you that you’re moving in the right direction.
2. You have a unique voice and a chance to broadcast your views and let the world know what you’re thinking can’t be missed. A radio spot or a regular column in a newspaper, local or otherwise, grabs attention and provokes an immediate response.
3. A new relationship takes you by surprise in the summer as a gorgeous person bounds into your life. Love grows quickly and by late September a lover pops the question. Open your heart and get back in touch with your passionate side.
Pisces (19 February-20 March)
1. Turn your attention to money at the start of the year and draw up a strategy to transform your cash-flow situation. Knowing what money means to you is the first step towards financial freedom and helps you define what you value most in your life.
2. You may need to take a test or exam more than once but if you’re determined you’ll achieve your goal in the end. Gain a major qualification and you’re set up nicely for a change of career in 2015.
3. You appreciate the importance of leaving a legacy either what you do or via the next generation. This increases your desire to start a family. For some it’s your involvement with a children’s charity that’s deeply fulfilling.
Sally Kirkman is an astrologer and blogger who is equally passionate about writing media astrology and offering personal astrology consultations to her clients. You can follow Sally on Twitter @sallykirkman, ‘like’ her on Facebook – SallyKirkmanAstrology or sign up for her long and luxurious monthly stars at www.sallykirkman.com. Want to learn astrology? Beginners courses start in January 2014.