Our harsh winter climate has a negative effect on the delicate skin around our eyes and as a result by spring, we suffer with dark circles, puffy eyes and more pronounced lines. Thankfully these aliments can be banished and Hip and Healthy have discovered the most fabulous and effective eye treatments worth investing in.
1. Amanda Lacey’s Illuminating Eye Gel (£85) instantly soothes and radically revives the under-eye area. Morning puffy eyes are visibly reduced with brilliant results. (H&H top tip: try to incorporate a gentle sweeping motion when applying your eye gel to help your lymphatic system flush away any excess toxins which leads to puffiness). www.amandalacey.com
2. We fell in love with Sisley’s Eye and Lip Contour cream (£105). After just 2 weeks the skin around the eyes are more hydrated and softer which in turn reduces fine line and the early signs of ageing. The beautiful texture has just the right levels of richness and applied morning and night leaves a feeling of total luxury. Cream www.sisley-cosmetics.com
3. Clarisonic Opal (£155). This clever gadget ensures eye creams and serums are dispensed deeper into the dermis of our skin which using your finger alone does not achieve. The device, which has become very popular amongst celebrities, aids lymphatic drainage that waves goodbye to those unsightly bags. http://www.clarisonic.co.uk
4. Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Eye Cream (£62). This miracle eye cream from Chanel firms and naturally lifts the eye area. Results after just 2 weeks included a noticeable decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Skin is toned and more resistant to signs of fatigue. Available at Harrods. www.harrods.com
5. Waitrose Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel £12.99 treats delicate skin to Vitamins A and C while tackling puffiness and dark circles. Invigoratingly cool in the morning, soothingly gentle at night, very easy to use and well within our budget. We love! www.waitrose.com
6. Dr Lowe Puffy Eye Gel £15.31. Our eye area felt cooled and tighter and is an excellent product to apply before makeup in the mornings. The anti-inflammatory properties in the chamomile gave a flawless eye area and the results are long lasting. www.drnicklowe.com
Hip and Healthy Top Tip:
A good night’s sleep (7-8 hours to ensures the skin has time to repair itself) along with a balanced healthy diet with plenty of water all will help fight anti-aging around the eyes. Cut down on salt which can cause puffy eyes and apply creams and gels sparingly.