This healthy Zucchini Fettuccine recipe has been taken from ‘The Good Life Eatery Cookbook’ (2016, £20) by Shirin Kouros and Yasmine Larizadeh
1 tbsp coconut oil
300g Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
4 – 5 courgettes
2 tbsp olive oil
130g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
80g edamame beans, podded
100g goat’s cheese
50g roasted and salted almonds
salt and freshly ground black pepper
A spiraliser or mandoline
- Heat a frying pan over a medium/high heat.
- When hot, add the coconut oil and allow it to melt. Add the broccoli and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes. Once you put the broccoli in the pan, don’t move the pan, to allow one side of the broccoli to char.
- Once slightly charred, continue to cook until it is still al dente (with a bit of a bite) and set aside.
- Push the courgettes through a spiraliser to make noodles or use a mandoline on the ‘teeth’ setting and put them into a large bowl. Add the oil and toss until the noodles are well coated.
- Add the sundried tomatoes with the charred broccoli, edamame beans, half of the goat’s cheese and half of the almonds and mix well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, season and garnish with the remaining goat’s cheese and roasted almonds.
You can purchase The Good Life Eatery Cook Book here!