Summer calls for cooling foods like fresh salads and refreshing ice popsicles! Most store bought ice popsicles are laden with sugar and other artificial ingredients so The Chia Co have come up with a delicious Chia Kiwi Popsicles that are totally guilt-free!
There is so much we love about summer, the return of lighter and longer days meaning there is even more reason to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Although we love cooking, when the sun is shining, you don’t necessarily want to be spending hours in the kitchen so quick, positively simple and wholesome dishes are essential.
With the highest combined plant source of Omega 3, fibre and protein, a simple sprinkling of chia seeds will pack a nutritious punch for summer smoothies and salads, we love our Chia Kiwi Popsicles recipe for an afternoon treat in the sun!
Prep Time 20 mins Total Time 4 1⁄2 hours Serves 10
- 440ml coconut milk
- 190ml soy milk (alternatives: cow’s milk or almond milk)
- 50g The Chia Co. chia seeds (white)
- 1 tbsp honey, agave syrup
- 800g watermelon, no skin
- 3 kiwi fruits
- Stir coconut milk, soy milk, chia seeds and honey in bowl and set aside, stirring occasionally while doing next steps.
- Cube watermelon and blitz in food processor to create juice.
- Peel and slice kiwi fruit into ring shapes approximately 2mm thick. Press to sides of popsicle moulds, 2 in each mould
- Hold moulds keeping the kiwi fruit against the sides with a chopstick or knife and pour in the coconut chia mixture until 3/4 full. Fill mould with the watermelon juice, this should float.
- Place sticks in middle of popsicles and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.