You are in for a real treat! The super talented (and gorgeous!) Danielle Copperman, founder of Qnola, has created a very special healthy dessert recipe for us to celebrate the launch of the new Mixed Berry Qnola . This Coconut Eaton Mess is, of course, dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free and perfect for giving your dinner guests something delicious to finish off their meal!
2 Tins Coconut Milk (or Coconut / Natural Probiotic Yoghurt)
1/2 Bar of Creamed Coconut, melted
1 Teaspoon Coconut Palm Sugar or Wildflower/Raw/Manuka Honey or Agave, optional
100g Coconut Flakes
100g Mixed Berry Qnola
50-60g Flaked Almonds
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
1 Tablespoon Maca and/or Baobab
1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint, diced
150g Strawberries, chopped or gently mashed
50g Raspberries, chopped or gently mashed
100g Blueberries, chopped or gently mashed
1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder/Seeds/Bean Paste, optional
Ripe Avocado, cubed Homemade Berry Chia Jam Chopped Medjool Dates
1. Start by whisking the solid part of the coconut milk (or your yoghurt of choice) to whip some air into it.
2. Fill a small bowl with boiling water and place the sealed bar of creamed coconut inside to soften it.
3. Whilst the creamed coconut melts, chop your berries, and prepare your avocado or exotic fruits, if using.
4. When the creamed coconut has completely melted, snip one corner off and add half of it to your cream mixture. Whisk again to combine. As the mixture begins to thicken, stop whisking and stir through your berries, chia seeds, honey (or sweetener of choice), maca, fresh mint, lemon juice and half of the coconut flakes.
5. Stir to combine and then either stir through the remaining coconut flakes and Mixed Berry Qnola, or use them to top each dessert to ensure they stay as crunchy as possible.